Recent Post Photos

Social Media

What are you looking for?

Last week I started a series of messages looking at people who had an encounter with Jesus when they weren't looking for Jesus.  I have discovered a couple of things in common with these stories.  The first is that Jesus notices people that are hurting.  I know that we have all seen the footprints in the sand illustration, but I really think it is true.  So I wonder why so many people start entertaining thoughts that God has left them during their hardest days of life.  Friends, I just want to remind you that Jesus notices our hurts.

The next thing that I have discovered in these encounters is that Jesus has something for these individuals to do.  "Go wash..."  "Get up..."  "Go and tell..."  Friends, when we are touched by Jesus, we need to go and do something with a grateful heart and we need to go tell someone about our Jesus touch.

Tomorrow, I can't wait to teach on the widow who was on her way to bury her son.  She wasn't looking for Jesus and she may not have even known who Jesus was, but then all of the sudden... there he was walking up to her.  He knew her need and he met her need.

This has been a powerful word of encouragement in my own life this week.

Blessings,

Joel

No comments :

Post a Comment